1Q 2022 dForce Community Call was held on March 29, 2022.
This was the first ever dForce Community Call that was held on Twitter Space! The call was packed with some updates— here’s a recap for you dForcians who missed the live call.
We had a live Q&A session, so make sure you join us for the next call for an opportunity to interact with the devs and the core team directly, and make your voices heard!
Here’s what we’re proud to say we’ve achieved in the first quarter of 2022 at dForce.
- We implemented a multi-chain strategy. We are currently deployed on Ethereum, Arbitrum, Optimism, Polygon, with a number of others underway.
- USX. dForce’s native USD denominated stablecoin, USX can be minted natively on all deployed chains, and moved across supported blockchains with ZERO slippage and no capped liquidity!
- dForce tackles the liquidity problem in the secondary markets through PDLP (Protocol-Direct-Liquidity-Provision). This is similar to the D3M module MakerDAO deployed with Aave, and can be extended to power cross-chain bridges, and stablecoin swaps that are less exposed to impermanent loss.
- POO (Protocol-Owned-Operator) leverages treasury assets to acquire and control most of liquidity in the open market for dForce-backed assets. PDLP and POO strategies can be coupled to earn yields from multiple sources for DF holders and increase organic use of dForce protocols.
- On the lending front, we are now #1 on Arbitrum in terms of TVL!
- Upgraded dForce tokenomics to better align interests between protocol growth and DF token holders. All yields generated across the dForce network will be distributed to DF token holders through a simple one-click staking!
- Launched governor delegation for DAO. Everyone can become a governor of dForce!
- Launched dForce Open Staking Initiative, a PoS validation service collaborated with our technology partner to operate the nodes, to better align DeFi infrastructure with PoS networks.
Roadmap and forward looking statements
- Will introduce more redeemability between USX and DF.
- A number of ecosystem projects in DeFi, NFT, and Gamefi coming in due course.
- DeFi protocol matrix will have a meaningful moat to survive in the long-term. Growing number of DeFi protocols are evolving into a matrix structure— Luna/UST/Achor/Mirror and Frax/lending/swap and MIM/go multichain
Staking & Governance & validator
Changes to dForce Tokens used for governance votes. Prior to change: only DF had voting power; Post change: voting rights will be extended to DF tokens in all forms (DF, iDF, sDF, veDF).
- DF - native DF token
- iDF - deposit certificate for DF supplied to dForce Lending
- sDF - staking certificate for DF participated in Free Staking
- veDF - staking representation for DF participated in Lock-up Staking
Hybrid staking launched
- Free staking: stake and unstake at any time
- Lock-up staking: the longer you lock DF tokens, the higher yield and voting power you will earn
- More details in our doc
Delegation introduced for DF locked stakers to delegate their voting rights to governor of choice. Read more at Call for dForce Governor
This Community Call welcomed a guest speaker: Aishwary of Polygon!
- Aishwary shedded light on Polygon’s liquidity mining 2.0
- “DeFi for All” approach— LM2.0 is focused on Polygon native protocols, biggest program to help grow DeFi
- LM2.0 is open to all dApps who want to deploy on Polygon
- KPI metrics included the amount of active users, TVL, and a few other background metrics
Q: When will DF staking be available on BSC and other chains?
A: Our current plan is on Ethereum, though we saw community proposals to build a token similar to Convex, where you can stake DF to get a similar Convex-type proxy token. It is possible to bridge sDF to other chains like BSC
Q: Any plan on increasing the utility of DF?
A: Yes, after the launch of DF staking, we substantially increased DF alignment with protocol development and introduced delegation to governance. We’re also developing features related to redeemability between DF and USX, including a burn-redeem mechanism to allow burn DF to generate USX and vice versa
- Thanks to our protocol-controlled module, we have defeated 100% of DF inflation from the liquidity incentives
- There is also a community project looking to build a proxy token for veDF, where stakers can stake DF to veDF and receive the proxy token, similar to CVX